Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Internship Description


At this internship I get the opportunity to explore my creative side. Below you can see me participating in different aspects of the interview. One portion of the internship is what I call taking field trips. During this time, my supervisor and I get to walk around taking photos. For example we went to the plaza in downtown San Rafael to see the art installations there. We also went to the Italian Street Painting Festival and the San Rafael Twilight Bike Rice. These were all fun opportunities to put my camera knowledge to work.

The other aspect of this internship is learning to work in the studio. Below you can also see me setting up the studio lights and taking photos of my own work. As I learned it is not as simple as it looks. I learned to set my custom white balance with a gray card, set up the studio lights, adjust my umbrellas, and check the light meter. After taking the photos I learned some new computer skills in Expression Media and Photoshop to further enhance my photos.

Along with these two main things I also attend studio art walks and openings, keep the studio clean, and chat with artists or prospective business.


No comments:

Post a Comment