Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Organization Overview and Culture


My internship is based out of Art Works Downtown, located on 4th Street in San Rafael. This 1/2 city block Art Center hosts over 40 studio artists, a gallery, classrooms, artist lofts, jewelry guild storefront, and art events since 1998. Cindy is one of the founding artists of Art Works Downtown. For more information visit: http://www.artworksdowntown.org/.

I work with a photographer named Cindy Pavlinac. She teaches individual photography in her studio, hosts interns, and photographs artwork for artists. Besides framing fine art photography and digital photo composites, her studio contains fused glass and assemblage.

"I specialize in images which convey the beauty, mystery, and power of place. I work on location throughout Europe and North America photographing ancient sanctuaries and modern expressions of the sacred. Since my first photo exhibit in 1974 my fine art photography has been collected, won awards, and appeared in over 800 publications. I produce multimedia presentations featuring historic and prehistoric sites, rock art and labyrinths. I am an independent multimedia producer, content provider, and creative consultant. My Labyrinths of Spirit and Grace Image Library and photography of historic and prehistoric sites provides editorial, rights managed stock photos for publication, print, web, and AV production. I also design book covers and CD artwork for authors and musicians."

- http://www.linkedin.com/in/cindypavlinac

In her free time Cindy also photographs Merlin, her Austrailian Shepard, for her travel blog. This blog was a finalist for a travel blog competition:

http://merlinsroadtrip.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment